This month of April the nation observes STD Awareness Month, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) announced recently.
The annual observance aims to raise public awareness on STDs - how it impacts the lives of Americans and why it is important to practice safe sex to prevent these diseases from spreading.
CDC cites the following key facts:
• There are about 19 million new cases of STDs each year, almost half of them among young people ages 15 to 24.
• STDs costs the country an estimated at $15.3 billion annually in direct medical costs.
• Chlamydia remains the most commonly reported infectious disease in the U.S. with 2.8 million new infections each year.
• Young females 15 – 19 years of age have the highest chlamydia rate.
• Gonorrhea is the second most commonly reported infectious disease in the U.S. with about 700,000 new cases each year.
• Racial disparities in gonorrhea cases are high: nineteen times higher among African Americans than among whites; three times higher among American Indians/Alaska Natives than among whites; twice as high among Hispanics than among whites.
Abstinence, being faithful and the correct and consistent use of condoms are the only ways to prevent the spread of STDs. The Condom Zone offers the top condom brands at great prices. Discreet shipping guaranteed.